Monday, February 10, 2014

Create it- diy Valentine's Day

Valentine's day is less than a week away...here are a few easy gift ideas! These are things I have done for various holidays since we have been together, so these ideas can work for anniversaries or birthdays too.

Customized Coffee Tumbler:

My boyfriend loves coffee, so I bought a coffee tumbler that you could customize. I bought different types of paper from the craft store and printed out pictures to create a personalized collage.
One Year Of Memories Book:

I glued 12 (one for each month of the year) envelopes together to make an accordion-style fold out book. I wrote down a memory from each month and added pictures from that on the outside of the envelope. This one is definitely a little more time consuming, but worth it.
Our Map:

I used pencil, markers and water colors to create a customized map. It actually took my boyfriend and I seven years to finally get together, so I focused on the path to get to each other, but this can be adjusted to your year together, to your engagement or when you first met.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

create-it

5 comments:

  1. I loved the One Year of Memories book!! i would really like to do it, could you help me out a little?? my mail is marcelatrevino_96@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved the book! How did you glue the envelopes together? In other words, how did you get them to be accordion style like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I don't have it anymore (it was a gift to him and we have since broken up :/) so I am trying to remember! I think I just glued the envelope flap to the back of the next envelope? If that makes sense? Play around with it and it will make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Am thinking of creating a version of the map for my Mum's 60th birthday - though I'm not quite as artistic as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! It is a mix of markers, watercolor, pen and pencil...it really wasn't that bad! Just do a lot of it in pencil first.

    ReplyDelete